Keyboard and mouse wont power up in splash screen.

Kri38

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hi.

My keyboard and mouse wont power up in splash screen.

Luckily I have a button on my motherboard that access the BIOSon next restart. And when i restart my computer inside the BIOS, they work fine on next boot, but when I restart my computer they are powered off on the splash screen again.

The reason I really want to know how I can fix this is because I get an error message after the BIOS screen, which I can press continue to, but due to my keyboard not being powered I can't.

I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

Welsh Heron

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Oi, tell me...how are you connecting your keyboard and mouse to the computer? I'm assuming via USB? If so, are you using USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports to connect?

I recently had this issue as well, but it was because I had my USB connector plugged into the wrong USB port (it fit in the slot, but wasn't supposed to be connected there).

Kri38

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Hi there. Thank you for replying.

I've recently bought a new motherboard, CPU and RAM (3 days ago) and that motherboard supports USB 3.0. and a few USB 2.0.

So to answer your question, I'm using USB 3.0

Thanks again for replying!

Kri38

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I think I've found out how to fix it. I cleared the CMOS and now my keyboard boots up. Clearing the CMOS also fixed my error message after the BIOS screen.