Option to turn off Wifi on Samsung Series 8 TV.

G

Why is there no option to turn off Wifi on my Samsung Series 8 TV? My internet speed on other devices is significantly slowed down even though I am not actively doing any internet related stuff on my TV. Just having the Wifi enabled on my TV slows down my internet. I am forced to deny access to my TV's MAC address via my router in order to access the internet with appreciable speed through my other devices. Please let there be a "Disable Wifi" option on a future firmware update? Also disabling Wifi would help reduce power consumption. I would very much like that.

Thank you.

The Kasafist

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Perhaps checking the manual will tell you where in the settings or options of your TV is the ability to disable the wifi connection. I take it this is a smart like mine have my Samsung 40" hard plugged. Yes even if there's no activity any access from any device still splits the signal between all the other wireless devices so I know what you mean! Honestly I can't give you a definitive guide through your options since I cannot see them and all TV are different in their settings menu even within the same brands.