Uneven wear of processor cores

Aug 1, 2013
Guys, my phone uses a qualcomm snapdragon S4 pro processor which has 4 cores. There is a software setting that allows it to conserve power by disabling 2 cores to reduce performance when not needed. My worry is, does this lead to uneven wear of the processor cores? Please reply...

Aug 1, 2013

Thank you for your answer, :wahoo: I realize that by the time the CPU wears out, the other parts like the memory and the mechanicals would've worn out much more in comparison.
But what I needed to know is, is there a situation i can encounter in which some cores are worn out more than others, to a noticeable degree, just for the sake of curiosity..?

No. This is not a mechanical device and a core that's hardly ever used could fail before one that's used a lot. A core either works or it doesn't. Your phone probably will no longer be in use in 10-15 years, but the cores should still work properly unless you do something bad to that phone. 

Aug 1, 2013

Good to know. But there is going to be electronic wear over time right, effects such as oxidation, electromigration, ie, material fatigue.
BTW what exactly did you mean by 'doing something bad to the phone'..? Did you mean things like overclocking, undervolting, stuff like that?

Aug 1, 2013

overclocking and undervolting is pretty common for the hardcore android users, it's been around for quite a while now

Aug 1, 2013

Boosting performance in general, since some android phones come with unlocked bootloaders, the users like to tap the device's full potential