Salvaging and Upgrading, please help!

Marcus_CA

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hey !

My brother currently has a stock intel i7 860 (2.8ghz) with a sapphire HD 6450 graphic card. I personally have spare parts that I can give him but first of all, is it any better?

Can someone give me a hand? I am wondering if the PC would actually work or should I change something (preferably not) to make it worth while.

THIS is the build he could have with my spare parts and his. I am a bit worried about the power supply because it should actually be a Dell 300w Power Supply and not whatever else I put in there (but I could buy something real cheap for him). Also, the motherboard is NOT an extreme version so I am not even sure which CPU has on there ... there's no label but should be something like that since nothing else is compatible.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks !

Marcus_CA

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Not by much so I figured I'd still ask.

If I manage to make it work, I could put back the old graphic card that came with the Dell build and use a spare 300W power supply for the Dell - and voilà, a spare computer just like that.

If I'd have to switch the mobo and cpu, I'd have to double check see if the Sabertooth fits in a Dell case and vice versa. Thus making it a tad more complicated and potentially not possible ...

TRENDING THREADS