Facebook: its owned by the government?

Jose Munoz

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
well have you seen the movie the social network they really don't cover how they make money on facebook. all they say is ads, but how many ads do you see on facebook? Another thing is marketing firms pay to get access to peoples information and they can better target their marketing. But is it all just a way to collect information about everyone big brother style not gnam style ha

Solution
Company XYZ doesn't really care WHO John Doe is, all they care about is John Doe, Jane Doe, John Doe Jr. etc. all shop only at XYZ and not at ABC. So to maximize the probability of the 'loyalty' of a customer, they have to 'rebrand' to the very things John, Jane and Jr. like above everything else, but how do they get that?

There are measurement sticks, the first was advertisements by Radio and TV and based on the 'response' the manufacturers changed to that regions needs (imagine selling Heating Fans in July in Arizona, ON SALE! not going to happen). But now with the information about what you like by simple 'clicks' you do (yes I am interested in Obamacare, NO I don't care how big Latoya Jackson ass is) they can narrow it down even...
Company XYZ doesn't really care WHO John Doe is, all they care about is John Doe, Jane Doe, John Doe Jr. etc. all shop only at XYZ and not at ABC. So to maximize the probability of the 'loyalty' of a customer, they have to 'rebrand' to the very things John, Jane and Jr. like above everything else, but how do they get that?

There are measurement sticks, the first was advertisements by Radio and TV and based on the 'response' the manufacturers changed to that regions needs (imagine selling Heating Fans in July in Arizona, ON SALE! not going to happen). But now with the information about what you like by simple 'clicks' you do (yes I am interested in Obamacare, NO I don't care how big Latoya Jackson ass is) they can narrow it down even more to whole families or 'grouped' individual types.

They don't care who you are / they are, so it isn't like 1984 which was about controlling the populace in a way to make them as easily controllable as possible, Big Business doesn't care to control you, they only wish to influence YOUR decision, which is still YOUR decision.

That is why your post, and most perception fails to see 'the big picture' because your thinking about how YOU are affected / targeted. Actually when you have 100MILLION people seeing 60 NEW advertisements every hour, that is alot (6 BILLION) chances those people might see things they like. Then figure if only .5% of them bought your product, .5% of 100Million is 500,000 customers, which for say $10 product is $5Million dollars worth of product potentially sold. Again it isn't specifically John Doe, it is $5M potential sales they are looking at.

Try taking a basic Business course at your local college, it will make it easier to understand then getting your tinfoil hat on and looking for black copters.

Solution