New build will not output video to my monitor.

rowdymoody

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I just finished putting together a new build for somebody.

All of the parts are brand new and I am sure that everything is installed properly and everything is seated nice and tightly.

When I first fired it up all of the fans and everything came on as usual however there was no video signal to the monitor. The motherboard for this build has absolutely NO video output whatsoever, I didn't notice when I bought it. So the only options to connect a monitor is via the video cards 2 DVI outputs.

I ran into the same problem when I built my own machine, but I realized that the problem was that I had the monitor plugged into the graphics card. I was able to solve it by plugging the monitor into the motherboards VGA video output and then installing windows and drivers and such. Once I had my video drivers installed I unplugged the monitor from my motherboard and into myvideo card's DVI output and it worked like a charm after that.

I don't know what to do here. All I have are the graphics card's 2 DVI outputs and it will not put out a signal, I am guessing because there are no drivers.

I have tried using both of the DVI ports, I have also swapped the graphics card to the 2nd PCI slot on the motherboard. I also tried to get into my monitors menu to try messing with settings but I cannot access the monitor menu unless the monitor has a signal. Nothing worked and I am now stumped and out of ideas.

If anyone has any thoughts or input as to how I might be able to get a signal to come up on my monitor I would be incredibly appreciative :) thank you!

serge44

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
No, a discrete video card should send video with or without drivers. In your previous experience it might have been because your integrated video was selected as default in the BIOS, but if this motherboard doesn't have integrated video, you should get video from the DVI outputs.

Do you her a short single beep after turning it on? Or there's no beep at all?

TRENDING THREADS