HD7750 no VGA output.

kbmarzan

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Hello,

My HD7750 stopped output on VGA . Monitor displays a black screen with backlight.I tried my HDMI and it was working fine with the TV . There were no issues for 1 month before.
Symptoms included flickering and dim light from VGA output . I already changed the PSU to 500w Cougar from a Generic one.
Windows 7 boots normally as evidence by the Windows 7 sound.

I need to VGA as my Main monitor which I already have for 7 years :) only supports VGA. Unfortunately HD7750 only supports DVI-D output so i cant do an adapter for that.

Was my GPU fried or something?

I have a video showcasing the issue, sorry for the quality.

See below link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uvjuzji34M‎

Kurifox

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
-Have you changed cables?
-Have you tried vga to another monitor?
-Have you tried the monitor on a diferent pc/video source?

It could be a faulty cable or monitor, if not the vga video port is ruined.

kbmarzan

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

Hi Kurifox , Thank you for answering

-yes I have an extra VGA cable and tried that. still no Display.
-Yes. I tried the VGA output to another VGA monitor which isnt mine. and still black.
-The monitor I'm using works well with the Internal VGA on the MOBO.

As i thought. I made several trials already such as removing some parts including ram. I guess VGA output died somehow. Thanks

Kurifox

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

Well than i guess the VGA output has died, either get a new card or switch out monitor. I dont really know if keeping a card with a faulty port is a bad thing, if hdmi and dvi work and there is no diference in performance it shouldnt be a problem, but to be safe a switch/fix is recommended, im unsure if the faulty port can cause any short-circuits or power failures wich would ultimatly burn the card.

nanank

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
did your HD7750 have DVI port?? if so, why dont you try use DVI to VGA converter...
i use DVI to VGA for my HD4760 in the past for my monitor, before changing to LCD which is now using HDMI....

but if it still in warranty and you sure it was VGA Port is the problem, i think you should RMA'd it soon....

I guess you missed the bit in the OP about only having a DVI-D port.

nanank

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
sorry, my mistake...
i though every DVI is the same :p still need a lot more to learn
i just know there is DVI-D after googling a bit...

then, i think you should RMA it soon...