Overclocked HP Pavilion a6814y IPIBL-LB Intel Pentium E5200!

Byron Bravery

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
overclocked my HP Pavilion a6814y w/ IPIBL-LB Benicia mobo and Intel Pentium E5200 running at 2.5 ghz factory to 3.2 ghz. 252 Mhz FSB and 400 Mhz DDR2 Ram to 504 Mhz (Memset timers, 6-8-8-8-24) DRAM, seems stable. Of course the BIOS are locked with no options for OC whatsoever. Used ClockGen PLL IDT CV174C (ignore PCI-e) set to 252 Mhz FSB at startup. CPU-Z, Core Temp or CPU Thermometer(don't use speed fan, inaccurate). Use Crystal CPUID to set the multiplier and volts on the fly. Pretty safe to try if you have the same mobo and CPU, try at your own risk though and your settings may vary if you have better voltage, more latent timings in your Ram and a better CPU although mine is great for OC'ing too. Make sure your temps don't exceed 65*C Core Temp if you have the same processor(max Core Temp is over 70*C). If not Bing or Google or whatever to see what yours is. I opened up my tower and put a little personal fan beside it, not necessary but it idles at a cool 38*C and I haven't seen it go over 50*C yet. One trick is if you don't want to use an extra fan is to set your Voltage down with Crystal CPU-ID, but not more than 2 or 3 settings below factory. Experiment if it fucks up and BSODs or freezes just Hard Reboot and your system will boot to the last saved good config. Use at your own risk, it is rather safe though.

BdaGamer

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I have a HIS ATI Radeon 4600 OC'ed to 800 Mhz and 950 Mhz to the Memory, games run like silk:)

Me Byron Bravery

Byron Bravery

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
If CPU-Z shows your Multiplier is fluctuating from a power management feature open up Crystal CPUID and under File Tick "Multiplier Management Setting" set your max and mid Multiplier to your desired number mine was 12.5. Now set your low setting to one tick below, mine 12.0 all the rest you can leave as is, note that CPU Voltage can also be set after clicking on the Voltage Button. I also set Up "Min/Mid -> Max, Down "Max/Mid - > Min". Now Apply, OK. Under Function Tick Multiplier Management or alternatively when focused on Crystal CPUID just Hit F3 and exit the program you can check the constant with CPU-Z. Sometimes this works better than others. You may get better results with Max, Mid, and Low Multiplier settings the same. Also maybe Up "Min/Mid -> Max, Down "Max -> Mid -> Min". If that doesn't solve the issue you can try Max 12.5, Mid 12.0, low 11.5, none of the settings seem to stabilize it fully though. It may also be better to use a Multiplier option under the Function tab, if your hardware supports it it will be accessible.

Note: none of these settings seem to work properly with Intel Speedstep, for this Tick "Function, Intel Enhanced Speedstep Control and set your Multiplier and Voltage, save it to desktop if you want to easily enable it or you could add it to the Startup folder in %Appdata% Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup, and it should start at Startup.

TRENDING THREADS