Seagate Hard disk problem

ldries46

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I want to try to recover some data from a crashed hard drive. The point is that standard recovery programs cannot see the disks normal format (about 2TB instead of the 1TB it has).When starting the disk makes clicking sound. but trying to read further the disk does not click but reads errors (logical when it tries to read 2TB from the room formatted for 1TB. The only hope I have is that the for a program that will not read this parameters from the disk but where you can enter these parameters. Which program can I use for this disc.

If it's clicking, no program will help you, it's a physical issue with the disk. You need to get the disk repaired if you need to get data off it. Check with data recovery companies for pricing, but I'm guessing you are looking at a few hundred dollars at least.

ldries46

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I know that but I look at the simple fact that what I suggest is the last thing I can try. The price of physical recovery is to high and I hope that it is only the header of the disc that is damaged (the clicking only when reading the header suggest that) when I can find such software in which I can set these header parameters there could be a possibility that I can retrieve the small portion (about 500 MB of the about 800GB used on the disc) I had not yet backed up.

Obtain a serial terminal report from the drive, but don't write anything to it. This will help us to see what is wrong. You will need some interface electronics as described in several 7200.11 BSY bug threads.