Help! JAVA Doesn't work on Windows 7, 64bit, no matter what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codytheman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
when I install java on my Windows 7 machine, it says it installs sucessfully, however, whenever I go to a website that requires Java, (including the java website itself after the install), it says it isnt installed!

I've tried uninstalling the Java 32 bit and java 64 bit versions and rebooting.

I installed the 64 bit version only (running as an admin) and it doesn't work.

I removed the 64bit version and installed the 32 bit version and it didn't work.

I tried all of the above again using the offline downloads and they didn't work.

I tried using the java removal tool that you can download and it didn't work.
when I go the java webpage to run the removal tool, it says I don't have java installed!

I tried editing the registry to remove all Java and JavaSoft, etc references and tried all of the installs and despite them all "installing" correctly via the install program, none of my web browsers think it is installed (neither IE9, Chrome, nor Safari recognize it!).

no matter how i uninstall and reinstall - the uninstall and install programs seem to work and complete but Java still doesn't work!

Please help me!! Thanks.

Update 08/2/13 at 3:35pm EST:

based on RealBeast's suggestion...

I was very hopeful and promptly installed both the 32 bit build "jre-7u25-windows-i586.exe" and then the 64 bit build "jre-7u25-windows-x64.exe". (As background, I also tried the 7u11 build a while ago to no success.)

Both the 32bit and 64bit versions installed successfully according to the install programs.

Unfortunately, when the java website came up with the verify your java version screen and I clicked on it, it reported the following error message:
"Java is Unavilable.
The Page "Verify Java Version" attempted to load Java content, but Java in unavailable or not installed. Do you want to go to a page where you can download Java?"

Any ideas on what I can do next? any help would be much appreciated. I've been having this same problem for months now and it is making my computer unusable for many websites!

RealBeast

Titan
You should install the latest release of BOTH the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java and then reboot. I just did 2 x64 builds yesterday and could not get the NVIDIA (Java based detector) to work until both versions were installed.

codytheman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

based on RealBeast's suggestion...

I was very hopeful and promptly installed both the 32 bit build "jre-7u25-windows-i586.exe" and then the 64 bit build "jre-7u25-windows-x64.exe". (As background, I also tried the 7u11 build a while ago to no success.)

Both the 32bit and 64bit versions installed successfully according to the install programs.

Unfortunately, when the java website came up with the verify your java version screen and I clicked on it, it reported the following error message:
"Java is Unavilable.
The Page "Verify Java Version" attempted to load Java content, but Java in unavailable or not installed. Do you want to go to a page where you can download Java?"

Any ideas on what I can do next? any help would be much appreciated. I've been having this same problem for months now and it is making my computer unusable for many websites!

yvrao

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Java Verify failure unable to Configure Java Control Panel does not open ( Fix : )
this is a regular ( windows 7 bug related ) problem after successful installation of Java ( jre ) and fresh installation of Windows7 64bit or 32bit on my laptop or desktop. what worked perfectly for me was setting COMPATIBILITYMODE=WINDOWSNT to make windows launch the JP2LAUNCHER.EXE and JAVAW.EXE files properly.
jp2launcher.exe windowsNT compatibility solves Java Verify failure problem at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
javaw.exe windowsNT compatibility solves unable to open or Configure Java Control Panel problem.

* search for JAVAW.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
* right-click mouse on JAVAW application icon logo
* click PROPERTIES
* click COMPATIBILITY
* tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
* choose WINDOWS NT service pack
* click APPLY or click OK
Now, the Configure Java Control Panel will start opening and working.

* search for JP2LAUNCHER.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
* right-click mouse on JP2LAUNCHER
* click PROPERTIES
* click COMPATIBILITY
* tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
* choose WINDOWS NT service pack
* click APPLY or click OK
Now, the Verify Java will be successful at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

if we find 2 or 3 versions of JP2LAUNCHER and JAVAW when we search, then we must repeat the above for all of them.

in the Configure Java Control Panel Advanced tab we can set "Do not check" certificate revocation and disable security verification. and in the Security tab we may Edit Site List... for the Exception Site List ( add URLs to unblock sites )

Status
Not open for further replies.