Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

installed graphics card..but freezes while playing games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 3, 2013 12:28:31 AM

i have a ati radeon 5450 1 gb which i have installed but when i play games..my pc freezes and it reboots and a message is displayed "your computer just recovered from a serious error"...so i called my vendor and he said there was a power or voltage problem in my pc..so i cannot install a graphics card...please help...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!specifications are:intel pentium dual cpu(1.6)ghz,1igb RAM,160gb HDD,450watt power supply(220 volts)......i am looking forward for a answer
August 3, 2013 2:04:58 AM

turj0229 said:
i have a ati radeon 5450 1 gb which i have installed but when i play games..my pc freezes and it reboots and a message is displayed "your computer just recovered from a serious error"...so i called my vendor and he said there was a power or voltage problem in my pc..so i cannot install a graphics card...please help...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!specifications are:intel pentium dual cpu(1.6)ghz,1igb RAM,160gb HDD,450watt power supply(220 volts)......i am looking forward for a answer


is that a generic PSU? what's your ups's capacity?
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2013 4:21:27 AM

psu is not the issue here since the hd5450 hardly draws more watts than a generic sata hard drive(maximum power draw 13w)

The problem is hd5450 is not a gaming card so it isn't designed for even moderate level gaming, hd5450 was made for playing videos and watching videos online etc. what games are you trying to run?
Related resources
August 3, 2013 4:34:40 AM

shamsmu said:
psu is not the issue here since the hd5450 hardly draws more watts than a generic sata hard drive(maximum power draw 13w)

The problem is hd5450 is not a gaming card so it isn't designed for even moderate level gaming, hd5450 was made for playing videos and watching videos online etc. what games are you trying to run?


even if its not a gaming card, black screen while gaming is not something likely to happen. an old generic PSU can be the issue if it cant push CPU to its capacity on load.

a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2013 4:41:57 AM

Rohitashwa Sengupta said:


even if its not a gaming card, black screen while gaming is not something likely to happen. an old generic PSU can be the issue if it cant push CPU to its capacity on load.



Happened to me on multiple occasion when trying to run

crysis on a 8800gt 320mb,
Played unreal tournament on a hd6450
played driver on a hd5450.

Black screen happened every time and the psu was a corsair tx650. You cant push a gpu past its limits. the hd540 only has 8 texture units

Besides the hd5450 draws less power than a regular hard drive or even an optical drive. If a psu cant run hd5450, the system shouldn't be running at all.

August 3, 2013 5:39:21 AM

shamsmu said:
Rohitashwa Sengupta said:


even if its not a gaming card, black screen while gaming is not something likely to happen. an old generic PSU can be the issue if it cant push CPU to its capacity on load.



Happened to me on multiple occasion when trying to run

crysis on a 8800gt 320mb,
Played unreal tournament on a hd6450
played driver on a hd5450.

Black screen happened every time and the psu was a corsair tx650. You cant push a gpu past its limits. the hd540 only has 8 texture units

Besides the hd5450 draws less power than a regular hard drive or even an optical drive. If a psu cant run hd5450, the system shouldn't be running at all.



so first we have to know what games he tried to run
!