Burnt out brand new motherboard in 1 day?

MrMozzy

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Installed new 4tb hdd, work for a day then pc wouldn't turn on. Got it looked at and was told motherboard is fried. Got new motherboard re-installed everything exactly the same and next day fried motherboard. What could be doing this?
By the way.
Mobo-gigabyte z77x-d3h
Psu-corsair cx750
Gpu-evga gtx650ti
CPU-intel i5-3570k

Do you have Voltage Stabilizer? If not, try using it along with a ... (new motherboard yet again)?

Alternatively try changing PSU or borrowing from one of your friends. Make sure wall socket is also not damaged, chances of that causing trouble are pretty low though.

By the way I am pretty sure its some tiny elves who did that. Heard about karma? :p

MrMozzy

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions. Is the voltage stabiliser an internal unit or is it at the wall? I'll look into it. I've just booked it in to yet another pc repairer to see if he can give me detailed diagnostics. I'm gutted. I know that if I swap the mobo I'm going to be scared to rebuild it unless I know for sure what the problem is. My initial thoughts were psu but all tests are saying its fine. Nightmare!

Just a suggestion -

Get your PC to a technician for him to figure out the problem with his pieces instead of yours. At least then you can put the blame on him if something gets blown away once again.

If you kept on buying new motherboards and PSUs to figure out the problem while something else would be causing trouble, it won't take long when you would cross the price of a GTX 780 while getting things to work.

MrMozzy

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I know, I was thinking just that. Get the new mobo and hand the whole lot over to a technician to build it for me. It seams no-one can get to the bottom of it.