First time build, fail.

pope25

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
So,

As an eager first-time builder, naturally, I assembled everything in-case without doing an external test first. Eagerness to see it all together may have been my downfall.

Anyways, as of now, I hit the power button, and a few things happen:
-Corsair H100i lights up and fans spin
-Green standby LED on my Asus Gryphon z87 remains on
-Some faint "read" noises coming from mobo (I believe)

However, my peripherals don't seem to be turning on (Razer Naga Mouse, Keyboard, and Dell U2713HM). Also, the case fans (aftermarket) plugged into chfan1 and chfan2 slots on the mobo, do not spin. No screen flickers or anything on the monitor--as if it's not booting at all.

As I have already hooked up the h100i, run cables, etc I am trying to avoid disassembling everything to troubleshoot unless I absolutely have to. If you have any ideas to what might be causing this issue, please let me know.

Thank you!

Specs:
Asus z87 Gryphon
8gb Corsair Vengeance
Corsair h100i cooler
Corsair ax860i PSU
EVGA GTX780 3gb video card
128gb samsung 840 pro
1tb wd caviar black hd
Corsair 350d case

pope25

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Yes, I plugged in the 24-pin to the mobo, as well as the 8-pin for the cpu. I have pressed them both in firmly, hoping it would solve the problem--no luck.

pope25

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I did have it plugged in (currently disassembling some components to try and troubleshoot). The monitor would not respond to the computer--it remained in sleep mode. I'm assuming it is not booting properly.

Edit:
Removed graphics card, unplugged SSD & HD, and tried booting with just 1 stick of ram (I tried each stick seperately)--same status as before. The noise I may have heard from the HD, may actually have been the mobo, because I still hear it while they are unplugged from the PSU.

pope25

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I removed all RAM, which from what I have read, will trigger a "beep" error when attempting to boot (although, I'm not 100% sure this mobo features an on-board speaker). There is no "beep", so I'm guessing the motherboard may be faulty. Hopefully I can return it and not run into any issues.