PS4 vs Gaming rig ( Turn this into a huge conversation! )

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
So, PS4 or gaming rig. Obviously gaming rig is better in quality. But the PS4 is optimized for the games. The PS4 with games and a tv is half the price of just the gaming rig without any accessories. Which is better? And, as I said in the subject title, make this into a HUGE debate. :D

SNA3

Honorable

There is no which is better .. I will have them both. they are different categories.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'll debunk this every time it comes up. A PS4 exists simply to play games. It is not a computer, despite what the CEO of Alienware thinks. PCs exist to do far more than play games, but comparing the graphics and processing power in the two - the PC wins every single time. What's going in the PS4 and the XBOX One is essentially a glorified AMD APU. It is not a true 8 core processor. It has four graphics cores and four CPU cores with threads that link the two together. Even a low end, $600 PC will be far superior to a $400 console every time. Consoles are sold to meet price points and bottom lines. Building your PC yourself, you do not have to deal with that. If there's a market for a $1000 graphics card, someone will buy it. If there's a market for a $1000 console, nobody will buy it - and history will back this up. Really - the fanboy gushing and comparing the two has got to stop, they will never win this argument, no matter how many years down the road this comes up.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

i should make another thread about this. lol :pt1cable:

spat55

Distinguished

If I was a student then I can plug a £600 PC into my TV, use it for games, skype, music (Connected to Home Theater system) Movies, internet and homework. What can the PS4 do? Play games and that is it, so you are better off getting a PC to do everything for you.

EDIT: Forgot to say the PS4 will do movies and music too!

SNA3

Honorable

The Exclusive games is what sells the consoles ...

Had it been on PC , no one would buy a console , but still , Consoles are more fun , the Japanese ones ...

more over they design it to work suing every inch of the hardware , unlike the PC where they cant do that and will be lost between high end useres and midrange users ..

it is not all about High setting and low setting ...

the line is not clear in PC .. but in consoles , they know what to do 100% ...

bottom line , low end PC game will be lower in Quality than Consoles .. even if the hardware is the little superior ...

if your budget is 600$ get PS4 ..

the controllers alone you miss are worth it ..

anyways I allways owned both

SNA3

Honorable

it brings you fun it never exists on PC ..

Japanese ideas !

spat55

Distinguished

PS4 games are £50, PC is £25. PC can go through TV anyway, I did for a year till I got my monitor and desk.

spat55

Distinguished

That is an old launch, and is PS3, look at some new releases like Fifa 14 for PS3/PS4. You will find that PS3 is £30-40 and PC is £20, and new consoles always over charge on games.

SNA3

Honorable

lol you are exaggerating :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-14-PS3/dp/B00CECVR36/ref=sr_1_2_title_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375563048&sr=1-2&keywords=Fifa+14

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-14-DVD/dp/B00DYNVJN2/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375563048&sr=1-3&keywords=Fifa+14

it is 31 vs 40 ...

and the preorder is allways expensive even on PC

spat55

Distinguished

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-14-PS4/dp/B00BT9DTCC/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375563938&sr=1-1&keywords=fifa+14+ps4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-14-DVD/dp/B00DYNVJN2/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375563048&sr=1-3&keywords=Fifa+14

Then wait till you pay for online, then your controller will be £50. Nice cheap mouse £20 and keyboard £10.

SNA3

Honorable

sorry , preorder prices are high , if you want to argue argue right