Monitor "check signal cable" but computer still on

Ketchuponthedog

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Monitor keep shutting off with "check signal cable". It happens about 5 minutes after I turn my computer on. At first it only happened while I play games and now it's getting progressively worse. I tried reinstalling video drivers, replacing my graphics card (with the same card, keep in mind this card worked for a couple weeks just fine). I also tried reinstalling windows but it just turned off again while installing windows. I also turned my power management setting back to default, my computer isn't overheating either, it wouldn't have time to heat up anyway. I tried almost everything to my knowledge. What can possibly be the problem here?

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I faced this problem before with my GF computer and I tried all what you have done, then I believed that the problem exist either within the DVI terminal on my monitor or the DVI lead I was using before. Try changing the DVI Adapter as well. Get a new one.

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

I am not really aware about HDMI cables but yeah give that a try. It might be defective or something.