best motherboard for 6-8 monitor setup (gaming, 3d simulations, multi-video displays)

sjuliani

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Im trying to build a new system that will be predominantly used for:
visualizing multiple molecular simulations for work (i have a 3 monitor system at work but would like to have the same sort of setup at home). ONE monitor would be a 3d monitor the rest will be regular lcds.
i would also be using it for gaming (crysis 3, possibly gtaV in future).
I also have friends and my kids who like to come into my room while im working and i want to keep them entertained by having a few of the monitors designated to showing them movies/videos.

I will also be going with a audio card that would allow me to have multiple audio outputs (so the kids can watch their videos with headphones while i can listen to my own music with my own headphones)

I believe i would have to go with watercooling and had my eye on the asus P9X79 WS mainly because of its 4 PCI Express slots) but im really unsure and open to suggestions on motherboard and power supply.

I have a budget of $3000 set for my system excluding monitors. Looking to start the build within a few months.

sjuliani

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
up! any suggestions on motherboards? I was thinking that i would have to go with a 4-way sli or crossfire capable board