Powering up problem

I'm having a similar problem, the system powers on, then off before post then back on again and works fine, I first noticed it happening since I upgraded my bios, I have the rampage 2 extreme, when I push the clear cmos and boot, it doesnt do it, but once I load defaults in it reboots the same way -- on then off, then on again, I don't know what to do, the bios is the latest, should I try flashing back through DOS or am I overlookng something?
8 answers Last reply
More about powering problem
  1. Could be voltage isn't being regulated as it should, might try raising the QPI/VTT voltage just a bit, up + 0.04
  2. Tradesman1 said:
    Could be voltage isn't being regulated as it should, might try raising the QPI/VTT voltage just a bit, up + 0.04

Hi thanks for your reply. Forgive my lack of experience in voltages, but where would I go to change this voltage up?
  3. Should be in the advanced/tweaking page of the BIOS
  4. I found it under QPI/DRAM core voltage, and it only goes up to 1.2000v -- you cant bump it up by 0.04v
  5. What is it at?
  6. QPI current voltage : 1.138v 1.508v 1.111v 1.508v
  7. Looking for QPI/VTT, guessing it's the 1.111 so try at 1.151 or closest to that
  8. The only values I can enter into QPI/DRAM is: Auto, 1.20000, 1.20625, 1.21250 etc. I cant find anything that mentions QPI/VTT
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Motherboards