New to the whole gaming PC world

Codie Blodgett

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Hi all. I have never really gamed on a PC but I want to start getting into it. I recently bought an Asus M11BB-B05 with a Radeon 8350 GPU and an AMD A8 APU with 12 GB of RAM. In fact here is a link to the same computer since I'm sure it will be more helpful .

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+-+12GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/8959229.p?id=1218956957872&skuId=8959229#tab=specifications

My buddy was helping me and said this was good to start with because the RAM could upgrade to like 64 and the graphics card wasn't integrated.

Anyway like I said I want to start gaming. I have Civ 5 already but would like to get Sim City and Skyrim in the near future. I want to run Civ 5 at the highest possible settings so I wanted some help on which route to go. If I get a new graphics card do I need a new power supply? Can I get any brand of a card even though the stock is an AMD?

Also I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but what do I need to get to make my PC wifi enabled and is there something I can buy that makes the PC output through HDMI? Thanks for all the help in advance, its the only way I'll learn.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
You should have built your own Gaming PC. It's cheaper ,and you get to choose better parts. It's also pretty fun.

Here's a List of things you need for a PC

-CPU / processor
-GPU / video card / Graphics Card / GFX
-MOBO / Motherboard / Mainboard
-PSU / Power Supply
-RAM / Memory
-HDD or SSD / Hard Drive
-Case / Chassis

==============
Other Stuff
==============

- Monitor
- Speakers
- Keyboard
- CPU cooler
- Wireless Adapter

Now for answers

Yes , You can get a GPU from Nvidia or AMD even though the CPU is from AMD

Yes , you most probably have to buy a new PSU as your current GPU is trash. Integrated GPU , such as yours , aren't good. So if you wanna start gaming but don't have enough cash to buy a new PSU , get the HD 7750 . It doesn't rely on the PSU for power but the PCIe Slot.

( this is gonna be in different topic , I'm not the best at this , so I might be wrong at some parts , do accept others' input ) If you want to connect your computer to the internet ,you'll need a Wireless adapter , Modem , and Router. If you can connect your Phone to the internet , you'll most probably don;t have to buy a modem and router. But also check if your router uses the N ( most probably ) A , B , G , or ( the latest slightly more expensive one ) AC connection. If your router is a Dual-Band one , then You might want to get a Dual Band Network Adapter too. It's better.

Yes , there's something you can buy for a HDMI output. I believe there's a HDMI to VGA connector that would solve that problem. Or you could get a VGA wire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like I said , I'm not a true Expert so do accept others' input.

Audiospectrum

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

thank you , im one step closer to upgrading my pre-build pc. i have a good amount of questions and i dont mind if your no expert but i just want to clarify ,if i do get the hd 7750 will i need to buy a new MOBO?besides the psu i need too.Is the 7750 compatible with ddr3 memory?my gfx card might be integrated because it says in the discription of my specs and it uses pci e because of the 8350 (OEM)
would it just be cheaper to just build a new pc? sorry for all the questioning. ThnxInAdvance.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Answers !!!

No , if you buy the HD 7750 , you would not have to buy a new MOBO. All you need for a GPU is a PCIe 16x slot. Also check if your case has space as some GPUs can be pretty long.

No, your RAM ( Random Access Memory ) doesn't affect your GPU. Any RAM can match any GPU. The GPU has it's own RAM called the VRAM. 1 GB is enough to play most games.

It doesn't matter if your GPU is an integrated one ,just install the new GPU and everything should turn out fine.

It's not cheaper to buy a new system altogether , but it would really help in your Gaming.

----———-------———------———-----

Oh and I don't think you need to buy a Wireless Adapter . Your MOBO has one integrated into it . Are you having problems with connecting to the Internet ? Sorry , I'm not the best at this topic. You might wanna start another thread about that.