Security key not accepted by Netgear Wifi extender.

N-Sparky

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Hi, I've set up my Netgear wifi extender (WN3000RP), my laptop is finding it, but my security key doesn't work. It works fine with all my other wireless devices, just not the netgear wifi extender.

I've turned everything off and on again. I've retyped the password with correct capitals a million times. It's all working apart from the passkey.

Any ideas how I can get it to work?

-Elmer-

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
What exactly doesn't work? Does the Wifi Extender not accept the password of the main-Wifi network and therefore cannot connect to the master-access point (AP) or is your laptop not able to connect with the Netgear range extender (while other devices can).

When working with range extender always make sure that the settings of both the master and slave AP are identical. Unfortunately, quite often not all the security methods work when bridging two APs. Try to change the security methods I would recommend.

Gladys_1

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
Your answer did not help one bit. I can connect to the Wifi extender with any and all devices. It just will not accept security code WIFI key. It will not let me reset and it will not let me change the key