Is a tech business good for me?

oscarg621

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I am fourteen and ever since I was in third grade I have been obsessed with creating my own business. My passion is really electronics, troubleshooting, fixing, and just helping people with their devices. A few months back i stumbled upon ifixit while I was looking for parts to build a computer, I instantly fell in love with fixing electronics. After looking trough a few guides I had the notion that I could make this into a business with a friend of mine, something to earn some cash to buy franchises and stock when I'm older. To make my dream a reality I need some questions answered and some advice so here it goes.

1. Is this business profitable, can I make a 5 figure income yearly?

2. Is this business needed in society, is there a good market for this type of service.

3. What services should be offered, I was looking into: Upgrades, Repairs (iPods, Macs, PC's, consoles), troubleshooting, and instruction.

4. What tools are needed, I was looking at the fully upgraded set of ifixit toolkits.

5. What is the startup cost of this business?

6. Where are some good places to get parts, ifixit? Craigslist or ebay?

7. Are there any good websites for troubleshooting software, or software to check the OS

8. What should I keep in stock, large supplies of materials, upgrading materials.

9.What is something that will make the people come to you, what will make me unique?

10. And lastly and very important, what should I price my services at!

Just to give you some information about me, I am a freshman, I am taking computer and business courses in high school. I have tinkered with electronics since I first took a computer apart when I was six. I have experience with building computers. I am starting a job at a grocery store soon so by the time I start up I will have 2K to start up with. I will love any answers to my questions or advice from previous owners, people who love the trade, or any Tom's Hardware techies. Thanks for the feed back!

~Oscar Garcia

Solution
1) It can be profitable it depends on what you have to offer and it that service is in demand where you live. I repair and build custom PC's and have been since the 386sx days.

2) That is really a question that can only be answered in the location you live in. When I started there were very few places one could take there PC to or to have one build. Over the years that has changed and there quite a few now. So it is a matter of offering something no one else has and that is needed. It can be tricky.
1) It can be profitable it depends on what you have to offer and it that service is in demand where you live. I repair and build custom PC's and have been since the 386sx days.

2) That is really a question that can only be answered in the location you live in. When I started there were very few places one could take there PC to or to have one build. Over the years that has changed and there quite a few now. So it is a matter of offering something no one else has and that is needed. It can be tricky.

Solution

oscarg621

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

thanks