Rig works great with new games, slow in old game battles

Shooby

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I have a gaming rig that I bought two years ago from Cyberpower and have had problems ever sense. I had to replace the GPU and the power supply myself. Basically the only piece of hardware they gave me that I trust is the tower case itself. At its present state my rig can seemingly conquer the newest games with the highest settings with no problems as long as they're not displaying massive battles on screen, yet when I play older games like the total wars and when there is a massive amount of bodies in the armies that are killing each other, usually +3k although it happens at lower levels during sieges, the FPS drops below one and with that kind of lag its hard to enjoy the battle. I was told this may be an issue with the RAM, so I bought two more sticks and increased it to 20gb with another 4gb only to be used when needed. I'm almost positive that's more then enough but I thought I'd double check. Also, the above problem sounds to me like a processor issue. I have the i7 and this too was supplied by Cyberpower, which I already stated shorted me on other components. I guess I would like some opinions on what could be causing the near freeze ups during large battles before I replace a thousand bucks worth of hardware. I also briefly thought of the motherboard, but am no where near knowledgable enough to know how to look for faults in all those circuits or all the data in the BIOS. Thanks.

stedaley

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
If you had problems with it to begin with you should of returned it to cyberpower.
also if the items had broken they would probably still be under warranty with the manufacturer and therefore an RMA would be due,
(Certain items have 3+years warranty)

By the sounds of it you have had a rough time, I would contact Cyberpower and they should be able to follow up with any problems, Most of the time its easier to replace the parts!

What is your exact system Spec?