Will it effect my Graphics card?

DHa1997

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Lately my laptop has been running a little slow and I use it to play games and what not, my laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-771G with Windows 8. I was wondering if I were to re-install Windows using the "Change PC Settings" option when I move the mouse to the right upper corner, would it affect my Graphics card, it is a Nvidia GeForce 730M. I'm not sure what all the specs are but you can find it at this link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314146&Tpk=Acer%20Aspire%20V3-771G

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
If you re-install Windows, it can make it preform faster because after using your PC for a while, you can build up junk that slows you down. It could help bring up your speed but it wont really change you graphic card speed. A re-install makes the OS cleaner is all.

DHa1997

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
So would you recommend me re-installing windows? Because when I play a game, I get a lower than usual FPS, would you say its my computer, my graphics card, or the game itself. Am I making any sense?

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Well, your FPS can rely on many things.
1. How old is the laptop?
2. When did the FPS drop?
3. Did you have the graphics settings different than before?
4. Is it happening to certain games?

Let me know the answers and I can try to help.

DHa1997

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I got the laptop in May, so its not that old.

The FPS dropped happened about 3 days ago, I know its a short amount of time, but I am just worried if my laptop has some kind of malware that affects the game or my computer.

The graphics in the game were set to very high and normally I would get 60 FPS and it would stay there, which is very good, it ran really smooth, but now it has been down to 10 sometimes even lower, when I set the graphics back down I get the same results but it also jumps back up and down for example, it would be 05 FPS then 20 then 60 then it would just drop to 00.

It has been happening to a game called "League of Legends", but in other games I have been getting a lot much lag.

I hope this answers your questions.

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
What OS are you running? I am guessing Windows 7. If you have the original disc for it, or have a recovery partition, you can boot into it and do a system restore to a time like 5 days ago and see if you still have the problem.

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
If you have the OEM disc, use it to go into system restore to restore your OS to 5 days of so before it happened.