Corning Brings Gorilla Glass to Touch Screen Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Good, I was getting tired of my dissolved/deteriorating ridden Sager materials. Some glossy screens (not glass) are just ridiculous in getting scratches so easily. And btw, that Gorilla glass will do poop in preventing the screen from cracking from shocks/drops of the casing itself doesn't protect the edges of the glass sheet from indirect hits (Samsung galaxy gorilla glass + plastic casing = side shots crack display)

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
More like Gorilla please don't use that language on the forums. I dropped my iPod and it shattered into a zillion tiny gorilla pieces.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

Gorilla Glass doesnt protect from drops very much. However, it is very resistant to scratches. There are not a lot of normal things that can scratch it besides sand or other hard, fine-grain things

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
The catch here is that it will cost less than 2 percent of the retail purchase price, so resulting notebooks with Gorilla Glass NBT will cost more than the soda-lime glass-based versions.

2% doesn't strike me as being a catch.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Just curious, but how often are people dropping their laptops? It just seems like a lot of people here are worried about that, but I don't know that I've heard of people dropping their laptop, let alone one surviving a drop anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.