I need Help with New Computer Build

Kris Reegs

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Like myself, my computer is getting old and needs a refit (Complete). I also want to be able to overclock bits (needs to be easy) if I can. So with that in mind I have started with the following.

P.S. Through the work I do I need to meet certain requirements. I work on 3D,CAD etc. I also play online Battlefield 3, and I need all the help I can get.

Starting with:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K/3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/LGA1155 Ivy Bridge or Haswell or
Intel CORE i7 3820/3.60GHz/10MB CACHE/LGA2011/4CORES ? (Cant Overclock)

Cooling System: ????

MOB: ????

RAM: 16 GB ????

HDD: Samsung 250GB SSD 840 Series- SATA III 6Gbs, 2xnm Toggle DDR 2.0 NAND, 3-Core MDX Controller, 512MB

Secondary HDD: I have Raptors

GPU: ???

PSU: thinking of Seatronic 750

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E Sound Card ?

Keyboard/Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Ed Gaming Keyboard
the mouse I am not sure about ??? Razor

Headsphones/Mic: Tutle Beach Ear Force Z6A

That is my idea, look forward to suggestions, any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I'll come up with a build and we can alter it after but what is your budget?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oKfl

I'd go with the latest i7 it's about 10$ more and well worth it as it'll be supported for longer period of time.
Depending on how much you plan to overclock your system the Hyper Evo 212 is usually plenty unless you plan to heavy OC your system.
I'd go for 16gb of ram as CAD and 3D software do use quite a bit of RAM.
I think 128gb of Samsung 840 pro is more than enough but to each there own.
I'd go with an 850watt PSU like the one I choose just in case you want to SLI or have it a bit more "future proof".
If you plan on using headphones you don't need a soundcard, the MB soundcard is more than enough.
As for keyboard/mouse that's all preference BUT I love the k90/k95/k60 by corsair. They are rated as the best keyboards you can buy. For a mouse I love the razer deathadder 2013, it's an amazing mouse.
Headphones: AD700 or AD700X and get a desk mic. Those are the best positional headphones sub 300+ dollars(The AD700 doesn't have the best bass though).

Kris Reegs

Honorable
May 6, 2013
I don't really have one, it is really getting the right machine. I suppose it is in the middle range area. I have built incredibly expensive machines for my work i.e. well over $7000 for 3D work where rendering time is the key. In the area I now need I am like a fish out of water. Floundering.

I really would appreciate your help

Many thanks, regards

Chris

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
No problem at all. With the set up that I showed you, it'll rune everything you throw at it. If you want you can even run the 770s at SLI and you'll have a VERY beast machine. It'll tear through anything you throw at it. You can also change the case to something that suits your taste more but I'd make sure it's full size.

Kris Reegs

Honorable
May 6, 2013
So do you think the.... Intel Core i7 4770K LGA1150 CPU 3.5Ghz 8Mb Cache Haswell if that is OK the next step is the Motherboard.

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Okay well if you check out the build that I linked in my first comment it'll show the MB and all the other parts. We can go from there if you have any questions, i'd be more than happy to answer them. Also what resolution will you be using for this computer?

Kris Reegs

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi Fnatic,

Thanks for your patience, recently went away from ASUS used to be a great fan, however had a bad MOB and had all sorts of dramas, so now looking at Gigabyte, used them over the past year and found them to be good. I just have to find the right board, any suggestions ??

Kris Reegs

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Hi fnatic, sorry it has taken so long to reply, work and wife ...... advice taken with a slight modification, went for the GA-Z87X-UD5H it is more suited to my needs.

All I need to do now is work out the RAM would you still go with your original suggestion ??

Many thanks,

Chris

fnatic

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Yeah 16gbs of corsiar, mushkin, g.skill. Try to find CAS 9 or lower. Also speed wise i'd go for at least 1600mhz. With those programs you can aim at the 2133mhz range.

As for MB i'd also check out the ASUS Maximus IV hero, it's a pretty awesome board.

No problem at all, glad I could help!

Don't forget to pick best solution when you're done! :)