No video output from PC

Liam Wilson

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Hello. I am here to ask some hep about my PC. So about a week ago (I just came back from holiday) I went to turn my PC on and I realised it did not show anything on my monitor and the mouse,keyboard,speakers etc. did not work. My PC was not showing any output at all and then in about a minute the fan starts to become extremely loud and speeds up. I get no beeps or anything and start up or anything. I can't afford to buy a new PC and I do have important documents on the PC and I don't want to buy a new PC as I have not done a backup.

P.S the PC has a integrated graphics card and I have no spare graphics card.

goonbar79

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Sounds like a mobo or psu failure. First, troubleshoot by removing everything from pc except primary components (cpu, mobo, psu, 1stick of ram). Reset mobo by removing cmos battery (you may want to consider checking its juice and replace as needed. cheap & easy to do). Power on pc to see if anything comes up on display, using flat head screwdriver (http://www.icalvyn.com/how-to-on-computer-without-power-button/). Try to change the RAM to different stick, and try all slots available one at a time. if nothing comes on, you have no boot failure, caused by (in the order of most likely issue) mobo > psu > ram > cpu.