Sign in with
Your question

I've heard about...

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 6, 2013 4:44:37 PM

Hi , I've heard speaking at my trial working job in IT that there are commercial products that can recover the key of any WPA , WPA2 chiper with a "series of requests" in as little as 10 seconds. The guy told he forgot the name of this kind of software. I personally do not believe is possible to "recover" a PSK-TKIP that way.. What do you think guys, would exist such software or hardware capable of this?

More about : heard

August 6, 2013 4:57:42 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Why not just try a simple Google search?

Here's just one: http://lifehacker.com/5873407/how-to-crack-a-wi+fi-netw...

Yes, this does work as advertised.

This is limited in exploiting the WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) system which really works yes, because of the bad design of this particular algorithm. But my question was not limited to that. Whatsoever this is a major flaw in most products and in some can't even be disabled.

Related resources
August 6, 2013 5:36:18 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
though it does take longer than your mythical 10 seconds.

Yeah, through I couldn't believe my hears what stuff he said. He was after all a good IT guy, not geek level but respectable knowledge. He maybe was referring to the WPS stuff, I do not know, I do not even have his contact or so.. but the dictionary/bruteforce though can easily become computationally infeasible, at this moment in time would be the only ways to attack such encryption systems... But of course who would be stupid enough to publish a fresh new exploit that would allow someone to break in the mythical 10 sec ... but there would be also shelling for money ... so I still doubt it..
!