AMD A10 6800K, cross firing.

Bryce1197

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hello, I a, think about buying a new PC.
one that I can use for light gaming and editing also a bit of work here and there.
Wondering what AMD GPU's can be crossfired with the AMD A10 6800K's intergrated AMD radeon HD8670D?
Thankyou.

Your options are pretty slim. It is unofficial that the AMD 7750 will work with it. I have seen videos with people using the two in crossfire but again its unofficial.

Officially the best you can get I think is 6670, or a 6650 You don't get a big boost from what I have heard though.

honestly you will probably be fine with just the APU because it has some pretty good graphics. Its extremely powerful given that its an integrated system. People play a lot of new games with it.

Yes the 7750 will perform better than the A10-6800k in gaming. However, if you decide to do this, you would be a lot better off to just get an FX series CPU instead.

kosmo ajm

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
I just built my AMD A10-6800K few months back and added a XFX HD 7750 and it does crossfire. It does gives a little bit of an improvement, but don't expect leaps and bounds. Also running 16 gigs of Ram at 2133. Like the previous poster said, the APU uses some of the ram (about .5 to 1 in my case). So the more and faster the better.

Playing Diablo 3, POE, Firefall, GW 2 on close to max settings on all these games. Also do a bit of Autocad work and it works fine. I have not test it on more demanding games, but I don't think the APU will do too good on them. Overall pretty happy with purchase.

Search on Tom's Hardware for a review they did recently on crossfire with the a10-6800k.
They did not test using a 7750, but they found that even when crossfiring between the a10-6800k the graphics looked more choppy and worse than the graphics card by itself. Even with the latest driver.

Because the 7750 is GCN architecture as compared to the 6000 series architecture found in the APU, chances are this problem is even worse. While FRAPS based testing may show 60FPS, the actually ability to play games with good graphics is not really improved.

Yup, maybe the next series of APU's will do better, but these ones just aren't for it right now. I personally find they do a pretty excellent job on their own though. I did a review of one for Newegg. It isn't going to play all the newest games maxed out or even on high, but I would be rather surprised to find it can't play even the newest game on the lowest settings. IT does Bioshock Infinite pretty well on medium settings. Thats astounding for an integrated chip.

But if you are going to buy a GPU to go with it, you are better off with a different CPU, cause the lack of L3 makes this bottleneck lower than the similar priced FX CPU's.

Achmed

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I have a A10 6800 with a Saphire 7750 DDR5 (overclocked a bit at 860 Mhz)

AMD Radeon HD 8670D + 7750 Dual Graphics (16 GB RAM / 8 GB RAM did not change the results)

Uniengine Valley 1.0 Avg FPS 16 , Score 668
Uniengine Heaven 4.0 AVG FPS 14.9 , Score 375
Tomb Raider 2013 AVG FPS 41.6
Metro Last Light AVG FPS 23.11

*Using higher speed ram did not change the results coz the latency is higher.

AMD Radeon HD 7750 Single

Uniengine Valley 1.0 Avg FPS 16.1 , Score 673
Uniengine Heaven 4.0 AVG FPS 14.9 , Score 376
Tomb Raider 2013 AVG 41.8
Metro Last Light AVG FPS 23.24

So simply put you dont gain much crossfiring the A10 6800 with 7750 ...bummer.

Planning to upgrade to r9 series soon..

Faster RAM usually will help, but because you are doing crossfire it probably is having other complications. If you try just the APU by itself you would probably notice it performs faster with faster RAM.