PC wont boot, get nothing on screens

Tomaddock

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hi
I have a asus p5q deluxe motherboard, 4gb ram, inter prosessor quad(not sure which one) an its running at 3.1ghz overclocked from 2.6ghz

First of all i had just installed a new copy of winodows 7 a few days earlier, i was trying yo boot minecraft XD and it was saying graphics card memory overload (minecraft was only process running) minecraft then opened a site up saying how yo repair this it was going up to cmd and doing somthing to tge graphics card. I later thought i would just leave it and left my pc for a few hours, later on i then decided i was going to try to install dimcity, i put the disk in the disk drive it spun up and eveything but nothing was loading, i went into my conputer and it was not recognizing the disk drive i pulled it out from the disk drive slot in fromt, all connections where okay, i took my case off everything was connected apart from like a ribbon cable, i looked around and there was nothing it could plug into, i then called my dad to see if he knew of the problem why the disk drive wasent working or if he knows where it plugs into, while i was on the phone it was doing loud constant beeps, i paniced and pressed the reset button in the motherboard, afterwards i tried booting my pc but nothing come on the screen i thought it was just the graphpics card blowen because of it saying memory overload a few days later, yesterday i bought a asus 1gb graphics card, i plugged it innturned my computer on and nothing, the fans all turn on l, lights kn the motherboard turn in ect

Im really stuck and puzzeled about this, anyone who can possibly help?

Thanks
Tom

Hi, I suggest testing the PC at a local shop.
If too expensive, you can check if the CPU fan is spinning when starting the board.
If yes, connect a case speaker (buzzer) to the motherboard and start the board with only CPU and CPU fan connected.
You should get the beeps signaling that no RAMs are installed (1 long 2 hort beeps).

Tomaddock

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

Ive just tried it an still nothing, the pc used to do a short beeb on startup but now nothing, i took the cpus fan off before and checked if the cpu is still in tight it is,

Thanks for your reply!