Lumia 1020 to Cost £550 in the United Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
The horse is dead, it doesn't matter how many times you flog it, it ain't coming back. Swallow your pride and just take the Android pill will ya?!

grantwar

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Lots of negative comments, and from what other articles I've seen, I'm actually a bit surprised!

Usually the toms readers have more informed opinions to give than what I'm reading in the comments section...

@pacomac: So you'd rather have an iphone for the same price with a rubbish camera in comparison?

@Memnarchon: Don't be naive about cloud storage. Ignorance isn't befitting of someone in the tech industry.

@mariusmota: I'd be more concerned with Apple's pricing around a device with fewer new features on each cycle than what Nokia are charging for a game changing device.

And at the risk of sounding biased towards nokia or microsoft, which I'd like to state that I'm not, this device seems quite fresh and inspiring. I've yet to see any mobile devices in the last year bring out anything groundbreaking. Perhaps the styling isn't to everyones taste, but at least its not another grey/black slab and yes the price is expensive...but no more than say an S4 or an iphone.

First of all I have to say that I am a nokia high end phone user for more than 13 years. Their phone durability and stability is far superior than anyone (ALL my phones lasted more than 5 years with daily use).

Second. Probably by saying that you give me the impression that the last month you were away from tech/news/internet access. So let me enlighten you:
Report: NSA Has Access to Skype, SkyDrive; MSFT Responds

Third. I like the device too. If I would buy a phone right now I would probably buy this one.

Fourth and last. The negative opinions are most going towards to M$ not so to Nokia (that's what I read/believe).

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.