problem with Video card MSI GTX 760 Gaming

Francois Tremblay

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

I am currently having a problem where my computer just reboot when I play intensive game (Bordelands 2,3dsmark, etc). The problem is recent. I don't know if it's the power supply or the video card ? Any suggestion on test I could run that would help me troubleshoot the problem ? I have a spare GTX 460 I can use to test.

My spec a are
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
CPU intel Core i7 4770K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
GPU MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5
Power supply: Corsair HX 750
Memory 16 gig CORSAIR Vengeance 1866
1 SSD + 3 hard drive + 1 Bluray writer

I have the latest Nvidia driver (I did not try the Beta yet)

I ran a window memory test and it found nothing (just in case). I underclock the GPU it help a bit. I also setup the GPU fan to be more aggressive when it hit certain temperature. I setup a automatic logging to file of the Temperature, clock speed, voltage. The temperature look normal. I am around 60 celcius when it reboot. I think that's normal.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks.

ekseli

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Corsair HX750 is a quality PSU though, so I wouldn't expect that to be the problem. It is of course possible, but did that behavior start when you upgraded to GTX 760 or did you have it sooner? Did you upgrade any other components at the same time or recently?

Francois Tremblay

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
No I don't use a UPS.
I don't have a second psu to test with,it's recent and it's suppose to be good. I am not saying it's not the power supply. Just don't know what to think.

Yes if it make sense.

Francois Tremblay

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
It's recent. When I got the video card I play a lot of games on it and it was fine. Bordelands 2 for around 4 hours no problem. I did replace my DVD burner for a Bluray Burner last week. I did try to disconnect Blu ray drive just in case and I was still getting the problem.

I don't mind trying that.

I am thinking about it now. We did some renovation in the house recently maybe some drywall dust got in. I am going to try to do a full dust cleanup first just in case.

Francois Tremblay

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

Just to say I replace the power supply, it's running ok now. I tested it for 2 hours late last night with the video card no longer underclock. There was no reboot.