Need Advise About Parts That Can Withstand Abuse

lightsong

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I am looking for idea's and suggestions about parts (speaker, monitor, keyboard, mouse, pc components, etc) that can take some Abuse and still keep working. Building the computer for an individual who has downs syndrome. She loves playing kids educational games, but is very rough on the computer. Has gone through a lot of them.

Little More detail.... The PC itself will get shut off using the power button A LOT. incessantly really. It would end up being shut off manually 10s of times every time it is used. (curious if this will cause issues in the late run, or I should stick it in a cabinet and lock it so there is no access to the power key).

Keyboard, mouse, speakers will get thrown around a lot.

So main goals are durability, and longevity (trying to get something that will last a few years).

Thinking a standard build around $500.00, micro ATX.

Some Questions....

SSD vs Standard Harddrive (SSD might withstand the constant on/off better?)

Speakers (maybe wireless so the wires cant get pulled)

HD graphics vs Video Card (Video card is not needed, but might help longevity)

Wireless keyboard and mouse vs wired (could end up getting thrown further vs no cords)

Any insights you have or suggestions for certain parks that you think would work well is what i'm looking for. I appreciate any help

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I'm not certain what you should go with for about 90% of the parts, having never needed to build a PC for this kind of situation, but I happened across the ASUS TUF series of motherboards when doing some research a few days ago, and they're essentially designed for taking a beating without suffering any for it. You may want to look into them if your intent is to leave the case unsecured where it may get knocked over from time to time.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF_Series_Products/