Motherboard install issues please help

Kornfanxx61

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hey guys I just bought a cross hair v formula z Asus motherboard, and after installing everything I tried running windows 7 on it, with no luck when it tried booting windows it goes to the initial screen where the underlying text says "starting windows" and then the logo forms but then it stutters and pushes me to a system repair, I suspect there's an issue with the hard drive but this is my first go at replacing a motherboard and I'm at a loss and went through the manual 5000 times to ensure I placed all the Proper wires correctly. Anyone mind shaking a stick at this?

Update: when I go into the bios(which is gorgeous and very intracite) I go to the sata configuration screen it lists sataA6G_1 and it goes up to SataA6G_6 and it says not present for all of them, I replaced the cable to ensure that the connection was good and still no change.

hbazzi98

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

thats the only way, theres no otherway, format it, if still same problem let us know ASAP

Kornfanxx61

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

I'm not sure how to format and reinstall windows from the BIOS, and as far as i can tell (Unless i misinterpreted the edit from my original post) its not even detecting my hard drive, tried all the SATA cables i owned and all of the sockets, so can somebody possibly troubleshoot how i would go about reformatting my HDD?

But yeah look at my OP under the edit, that's where i'm suspecting there is a hard drive problem, if im looking at it wrong though somebody correct me.

Edit: not sure if this is helpful but I also have a windows 8 pro DvD which i plan on upgrading to. Also this hard drive is about two years old, im at work so i cant give specs off the top of my head but could be it be that the hard drive isnt compatible? im really going on a limb but i was under the impression that there are motherboards out there that aren't backwards compatible with older HDD's?