High temperatures possibly caused by weak PSU or bad computer case

poppy5779

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hello.
About three years ago I bought a Hp Pavilion Elite; HPE-310t.
The specifications are :
Motherboard : MSI MS-7613 (HP: Iona-GL8E)
Ram : 6gb (2gbx3)
Processor : i5-750 @ 2.66ghz
Graphics Card : Ati Radeon HD 5770
Power Supply Unit : 300 Watt
The computer is stock, I have not upgraded, replaced, or overclocked anything.
I noticed that the CPU and GPU temperatures were high. I tried air dusting my computer and cleaned out dust and spider webs; the temperatures are lower now but still high.
When I had only firefox and HWMonitor open;
The CPU temperatures for all 4 cores were jumping between 38c-43c.
The GPU was staying around 52c-53c.
After only several minutes of gaming (Battlefield Bad Company 2)
The CPU Max reached : 60c
The GPU Max reached : 72c
During Intense gaming such as during Battlefield Bad Company 2 I have seen temperatures reach over 80c ~(82c-85c). The Northbridge also gets very hot after prolonged gaming (70c+).
I have a feeling the problem is caused by the PSU being too weak as it is only 300 Watt, or my case has poor air circulation as it is a mini-tower. I was thinking of upgrading the Power Supply Unit, but perhaps something else is also required.
So, what should I do perhaps buy a new PSU, a new Case, new fans, a new heat sink or, all of the above?

Also if I need to buy anything I would appreciate low-cost recommendations for what I need to buy, I am on a real tight budget and I do not know much about the specifications of computer cases or Power Supply Units. I would prefer to buy only the bare minimum required to keep my computer running, and safe for gaming.
~Thank You

poppy5779

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

That's good to know. Would you recommend trying to figure out the exact problem or are the temperatures low enough to be safe?