Witch of the 5 1150's motherboards would you buy and why ?

Witch of the 5 1150's motherboards would you buy and why ?

• SABERTOOTH Z87

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Z87-PRO

• MAXIMUS VI GENE

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • MAXIMUS VI HERO

• MAXIMUS VI EXTREME

• Total voters

SNA3

Honorable

The VI Gene , I like compact PC , no need for FULL ATX PC .. and it has good onboard sound , so I can add SLI without prolems , I wont need a sound card.

id say none of them

the z87 sabertooth looks nice, but otherwise, the plastic shield traps heat and dust (due to the fans required to cool the board) if a plastic shield really worked, everyone would have them. the ridiculous price for what it offers over a regular pro board makes it probably the worst choice

the z87 pro is a great board overall, just that asus charges too much for what it offers. the z87x-ud3h from gigabyte would offer around the same features for much less. yeah you have great software, but in general it doesnt matter much when you only use it when you setup the board

the maximus genie costs more than the gigabyte sniper m5 while having lower quality audio and costing more at the same time for the same vrm quality. this isnt a bad choice for a good matx gaming board as some people might not like the green on the gigabyte gaming boards

as for the hero, you might as well get a ud3h or ud4h from gigabyte. more hardware features and the same quality vrm for much less

the extreme is the worst choice. it doesnt even overclock better than a msi gaming board or a gigabyte gaming board while costing more than 2x. quad SLI might be a feature to take note of, but you should be shooting yourself if you are going to run it due to heavy bottlenecking in the CPU department and the software department as SLI and crossfire scale like crap after 2 cards

its a pro board loaded with even more gimmicks, which itself is loaded with a lot of gimmicks already.

no one realistically needs more than the 6 sata ports provided by the intel chipset (if you do, please get a raid card), no one needs the 4way optimization (if you dont know how to overclock your system, it might be fine but in the end, still not accurate compared to manual overclocking), and definitely you dont need thunderbolt when usb3 is so much cheaper both in the devices and cables