Sign in with
Your question

New Graphics card not being detected :'( PLEASE HELP!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 8, 2013 11:35:02 AM

Hello everyone i just got a new geforce gt630 about an hour ago in the mail to replace my geforce 7300 GS. I deleted the old drivers and installed the new card, the fan is also spinning on the new card. I do get video on my monitor. When my pc booted up, i went to device manager to check if the card is there BUT IT ISNT :( 
I try installing the new drivers but it say "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". Thank you for any answers IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.
Specs: Hp pavillion a1700n
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz
Mobo: Asrock Alivenf4g-dvi
PSU: Corsair cx430 430watts

More about : graphics card detected

a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 12:31:29 PM

thats really weird. you get video to your monitor but it doesnt show up on device manager. is the primary display device set to pci-e in your bios?
August 8, 2013 12:32:18 PM

computer_nugget2 said:
thats really weird. you get video to your monitor but it doesnt show up on device manager. is the primary display device set to pci-e in your bios?

yes it is
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 12:38:36 PM

your old card gets detected right?
August 8, 2013 12:46:42 PM

computer_nugget2 said:
your old card gets detected right?

before i installed the new card? yes. I havent tried it after i installed the new card though
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 1:20:19 PM

see if it is still detected. i switched from 6800xt to a 7600gt and i didnt need to change the driver. maybe you can do the same.
August 8, 2013 1:21:55 PM

computer_nugget2 said:
see if it is still detected. i switched from 6800xt to a 7600gt and i didnt need to change the driver. maybe you can do the same.

ok i'll try
August 8, 2013 1:41:33 PM

computer_nugget2 said:

ok the old card is detected, windows automatically installed a driver (not the latest one_. So, do i update the driver and i keep it installed and put the new card in?
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 1:51:34 PM

yeah, find a newer driver for your old card, install it. then see if the new card works that way.
August 8, 2013 2:14:50 PM

computer_nugget2 said:
yeah, find a newer driver for your old card, install it. then see if the new card works that way.

ok, i tried this but no luck :( . BUT i entered find and fix problems with devices in the start menu and i gave me this
"Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)" Does this mean i have to update my BIOS? And if so, how do i do that?
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 2:37:54 PM

yeah update your bios then and see if that works. go to the motherboard manufactures website and get the latest bios from them. they should have some intructions on how to flash the bios there too.
August 8, 2013 2:38:16 PM

well..... the latest BIOS version is 1.40 and i have 1.40................. I guess my mobo is to old for a graphics card upgrade :'( . I think the best thing to do is return the card and start saving up for a new pc. Thanks for answers though.
August 8, 2013 3:21:28 PM

my cpu socket is AM2 that mobo socket is AM3+.... i dont think it will work but thanks for the suggestion :) 
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2013 3:47:21 PM

bro it works. i have this board, my first cpu on this board was an athlon 64 3800+ and i used some ddr2 i had, then i got an athlon ii x4 and some ddr3.

i have an hd7770 pci-e 3.0 card running on this. it supports up to 8core fx cpu's (they actually dont sell the 95w 8 core cpu this board supports)
!