My gaming pc and set up! Open for improvement :)

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Would appreciate if you can give your honest opinion on the set up and if you would upgrade any components in the rig itself :). Thanks in advance.

My PC:

InWin Dragon Rider White
Intel Core i7 3970X Six Core 4.4ghz Overclocked
nVidia GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz C10 Quad Channel Memory Kit
Asus Rampage IV Intel X79 Motherboard
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green 32MB Cache SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair HX1050 1050W Modular Power Supply

Headset: Razer Kraken black
Mic: Yeti Blue
Monitor: ASUS VG278 27" 3D
TV: Sony Bravia 32" KDL32W653
Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

Pictures:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1011689_10153125896455595_732369042_n.jpg

http://gyazo.com/a351f25c9add3f1302932ae6385355f5.png

http://gyazo.com/c97f0027e126114b638a43a76340ed87.png

http://gyazo.com/5aeac86640a4ee6514d32b4ff9f57e54.png

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
That's a crazy rig, hard to improve really, all you can do is add another Titan, but you won't have to for another year or two. The headset is kinda cheap, and you look like a Razer fan. Do you play FPS a lot? Because you can improve to the Razer Tiamat since you seem to like Razer, if you're open to other brands, there's Corsair's Vengeance 2000 7.1 headset, the Asus ROG Orion Pro 7.1 and Razer Tiamat 7.1 or 2.2 based on your preference, 2.2 really brings the immersion of the game to another level, plus with your 3D monitor, you just got yourself a Virtual Reality setup, those headphones just make you dive inside of the game.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Thank you buddy appreciate that you've posted. Well I'm not really a headset fan because I get really uncomfortable in most of them and my ears get sweaty. I normally wear headphones afterwards or just use my speakers.

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

You're welcome, remember, when you're done with the thread, choose a best answer so it's solved, and you really are good to go for a long time. Now that you mentioned speakers, I'd say you could always add a sound card if you have hiqh quality speakers, they make a huge difference, if you game a lot, I'd recommend a gamer sided sound card, for example, the Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus is an amazing sound card, it is a bit expensive, so you might want to wait until it gets a bit cheaper.

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Depending on the speakers you have, a sound card can make from no difference to a huge difference, it depends on your peripherals. If you have high end speakers, you'll definitely notice a difference. And if you buy a high quality headset that uses audio in and not USB port, then you'll again notice a difference, the Kraken is a small headset, which is why it's uncomfortable. If you want comfy headsets, the Logitech G430 (7.1, uses microphone and headphones jack) has great cushions that are engineered to not let you sweat, and bigger headsets usually have better quality cushions which will hold your ears cool and not make them sweat so much. The Corsair Vengeance 1500 is a 7.1 headset which has interchangeable cushions, from leather to the other type which is better for sweaty ears, but uses USB.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hmm I'm more interested in a good sound card and speakers that will actually sound really good. Not really a headset fan also wouldn't the speakers sound better if I use an optical cable? Speakers with surround sound might sound real good. Which do you advise? Also would the speakers you recommend be really loud and suitable for movies, gaming and music? Also will they have surround sound? Thanks again :)

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Can you give me a budget?

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Let's just say there is none lol. What would you recommend that's good value and well worth the money, sound card wise and speakers :).

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

ASUS Xonar is an amazing line of sound cards to pick from, but ultimately, the Xonar Phoebus kicks a**. It's just a beast, hence the high price tag, it's also optimized for gaming and I believe it comes with Dolby Home Cinema 4, which lets you tweak around the settings as much as you want.
Speaker-wise you got a bunch of options.
5.1 speakers:

Logitech Z906, this being their flagship sound system, it gives premium sound for...a premium price. Expensive, but this'll start a party (or a riot) in the entire city, bringing the total power to 500 watts, this is an outright BEAST. Really high quality speakers like these will let you see the difference between a sound card and onboard audio, and it's got a whole lot of different jacks. Oh, I almost forgot, it's THX certified.

Hercules XPS 5.1 Slim, this comes with 70 watts of power, but don't let this number fool you compared to the previous 500watts, it's loud alright, it has nice tall speakers which look attractive, and for the quality of the sound, also have an attractive price.

Edifier C6XD, again, no crazy power, 80 watts, but again, it's 80 watts! That's plenty! The main attractive point, the separate amp, USB port, SD port, and radio tuner, it also has a system that enhances sound quality.

For 5.1, optimally go for the Logitech set, it's a mad set, and your neighbors better like your music style. If it seems to be too expensive, you can still try the Z506, which is a downgrade, but doesn't fall back far from its big brother, the Z906.

As of 2.1:

The direct descendant of the big daddy Z906, the Z623, again, another great set by Logitech, THX certified for premium sound, it is simply LOUD.

Edified S730, simply put, keep the volume at 1% if you don't want your ears to rip. This is a 300 watt system, it's big, loud, expensive, and the bass will make your house fall down. Oh, and, you better be able to lift, because this system weighs 30kg, something like 66 pounds for you Americans.

Altec Lansing Expressionist Ultra MX6021, first off, this is a 200 watt system that I used to own, and I had to sell it because the police station a couple streets down complained about the noise, yup, it doesn't need any certification, I'll gladly do it for you, certified: LOUD as HELL by David. Luckily, the product's price tag isn't as long as the name is.

Hercules XPS 2.1 40 Slim, I don't need to describe it, it's the 2.1 version of the XPS stated before.

Edifier C2X, this is a 50 watt system that is nonetheless very loud, it connects by optical port, and the price tag defines the quality of this system.

And at last, I'm getting tired of typing haha, Corsair SP2500, no it's not 2.5k watts, but it's close, coming in at 232 w, a whole set of jacks comes with this, 3.5 mm, RCA, AUX in, line in. Be surprised if this doesn't created a sound boom in your room. These speakers will deliver the best audio quality you'll hear in a while.

My personal opinion, go for either Corsair or Altec Lansing for 2.1, Logitech for 5.1.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hmm gonna put the Logitech and the ASUS Xonar on my to buy list :). Hopefully I will get them soon and see a huge difference :). This is all you would upgrade? Will I definitely notice a difference even though my motherboard isn't exactly a bad one?

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
As long as you didn't totally destroy your ears to the point where you can't make the difference between a dog barking and someone calling out your name, you should see a huge difference. I use this stuff myself, and I definitely known I'm not gonna be going back to normal onboard sound.

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Just as big if not bigger, plus, as time goes by, more and more games have better, richer, and more immersive audio which will really make use of a good audio system, definitely looking forward to Battlefield 4 on my own setup.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
The reason I bought my rig was to play Battlefield 4 on max really. So hoping the sound make it seem much better and more engaging :D. Currently playing BF3 and the sound I like with these shitty speakers I got.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
The reason I bought my rig was to play Battlefield 4 on max really. So hoping the sound make it seem much better and more engaging :D. Currently playing BF3 and the sound I like with these shitty speakers I got.

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Awesome, I will be upgrading my own rig soon and going into PC gaming, up to now I was mainly a console gamer, just played CS and RPGs on pc, everything else on my PS3, so hey, gimme your gamertag or whatever it is for BF3 and other FPS and we can maybe play together sometime.

ITANI

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
My PC or PS3 gamertag you mean? I just got my computer like 2 weeks ago to get ready for the games coming out this winter really looking forward to Witcher 3 when it comes out looks like an amazing game :)

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I meant for PC since I don't know how it goes, but if you have a PS3, why not? Witcher 3 will be a sweet game, even today the super old Witcher 2 is still used for benchmarks, I don't know how good the third will look.