What to do when I get bored....

FauxFox

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hey guys! I'm an avid PC Builder and I get REALLY bored sometimes (yes, even I get bored with video games sometimes...) and I was wondering if anyone knew of things to do in that PC building/techy/gadgety realm for under $50? (US)

Thanks!

custom braid all of the cables in your pc. shrink tube, custom color ends, nylon sleeving the whole deal. its very time consuming and looks great.

clean your pc. take the time to not just blow out the dust with a can of air but actually get down and dirty to clean the dust that remains.

organize your computer files, memory cards and back up your pc.

computer case modding. often this is more a matter of time than money.

keyboard and perepheral modding.

read articles on how computer hardware works. see the post in perepherals on monitors by manofchalk and i. i thought i knew alot but was amazed at what i did not.

rework your desk or build your own desk complete with cable management. while perhaps more than $50 you could break the project up into segments and complete over time.

custom paint your perepherals, desk and case.

buy a robot kit and experiment with making a robot with your own programmed commands.

FauxFox

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

I love you. My PC doesn't have a window (it's a HP that I just "loaded" on my own (^_^).

Thanks for all that! Welp, I'll be busy for a while.