Sign in with
Your question

Can this specs run Next-Gen games on good / max setting ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 8, 2013 8:06:32 PM

Hello,

I am looking at upgrading my PC for the games that will come out in the next 8-10 months. I was wondering what should I upgrade first ( kinda low on cash right now .. )

GPU : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
RAM : 4 GB
CPU : Inter(R) Core (TM)2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
PSU : SL-500A

Thanks !

More about : specs run gen games good max setting

August 8, 2013 8:30:13 PM

Sorry buddy :{ but no .. You can play them.... Just not on max settings. My suggestion would be to build a new pc but in pieces. Save up for a new mobo/CPU ... you can even find then bundled together as a sale. All you existing hardware should be able to merge right in the only iffy things would be your RAM and PSU.. PSU because it might not be enough juice for that new CPU. The motherboard should fit right in your current case.

After that over time just keep upgrading the pieces that you need and BAAM! you're good to go.
October 1, 2013 3:26:58 PM

Brother , if you want to get the most bang for your buck AND future proof yourself while doing it .. then you might want to check out the AMD APU's.

The beautiful thing here is you can "add the power of your current graphics card on top oh what the APU can do.
There are several different ones with different abilities and prices of course.
Here's a link from Forbes with a couple of real life videos of what even one of the low end APUs can do.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/08/13/c...

good luck
October 9, 2013 11:50:59 AM

Icxx said:
Hello,

I am looking at upgrading my PC for the games that will come out in the next 8-10 months. I was wondering what should I upgrade first ( kinda low on cash right now .. )

GPU : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
RAM : 4 GB
CPU : Inter(R) Core (TM)2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
PSU : SL-500A

Thanks !

How low on cash is that. I have about £70 in my pot for a new pc and Christmas is coming soon so...
Try this if you could get £630 by the time you need it
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1MLVq
!