Cant install mint to computer running precise puppy

Uhoh Wasntme

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
computer running puppy linux won't run disc for linux mint, or live usb bootable drive. i cant get it to install either way.
no matter what boot order i try or anything else i cant get it to work.

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

First, eliminate the idea that Puppy linux is the problem, you should be able to boot to a cd/dvd or flash even if you take out the hard drive so that is not the issue.

Do the USB or cds boot at all? What happens when you try? How did you make your cd and live USB?
What else do you have installed? Is it possible you have too many primary partitions? From a terminal type fdisk -l and tell us what you get.

Uhoh Wasntme

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

I get nothing from either one. the USB bootable I used is the same one I used on a desktop running windows xp (it worked fine on there). i get nothing, it tells me boot disc failure, insert boot disc. I used Rufus to make the bootable usb.

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I get nothing from either one. the USB bootable I used is the same one I used on a desktop running windows xp (it worked fine on there). i get nothing, it tells me boot disc failure, insert boot disc. I used Rufus to make the bootable usb.

If you are sure the USB is working, wouldn't hurt to double check by putting it into another computer again, then it's a bios issue. Some BIOSs will identify a bootable flash as a hard drive and go to your existing hard drive first. Check the BIOS and see if there is a plus next to hard drive and if so click on it and see if you flash is listed there. Move it up if it is.

TRENDING THREADS