torrent working good... but browser doesnot

shabeermullan

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I have this problem.. the torrent is working fine, but none of the browsers are..

But then i restart the modem it the browser works fine, but not for long time.. the same problem comes again..

I searched this thing and find that to type
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
in cmd run as administrator...

It helped... but again i will hav to restart the modem.. may be once in a day...

I am using ubuntu too... so i thought this may be the problem with windows.. and tried ubuntu... the same thing is there in ubuntu...

This problem was not there early.. it starts all of a sudden.. i first thought this may be problem of internet connection or modem..
but it is working in other laptop when it is not working in my laptop..

It started after installing a software tuneup utilities in windows 8... I dont know if that is causing the problem.. but it starts after that..

And after typing that command in windows it seems working in ubuntu too... but sometime when i start the system in ubuntu it wont be working and i will have to restart the modem again...

Any help would be appreciated

Kewlx25

Distinguished
Modems tend to have large buffers and BitTorrent tries really hard to make use of your bandwidth. So what happens is torrent puts 1+ seconds worth of data into your modem, then you try to load a web page and it takes at least one second before that packet actually gets transferred.

This "buffer bloat" causes everything to respond slowly, which is bad for web browsing, but gives good throughput numbers for torrent.

shabeermullan

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
thanks for your reply Kewlx25 and antiglobal..

I wasnt downloading in torrent... i just checked if torrent was working...

My point is torrent wasnt using whole bandwidth...

And same goes in ubuntu.... wer my tranmission was not using at all

And browser was not slow... it was not working at all...

shabeermullan

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
dear antiglobal..

it happened just now again...

before trying this command in cmd as administator "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"..this was happening more frequently...

I wasnt able to browse more than 30 minutes.. i had to reboot it... now its not that frequent...

shabeermullan

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
ok i will try that....

But when that happens i reboot the computer in ubuntu.. and no torrent clients where working there still it was not working..

I am not sure if it is my computers problem or router problem... but the other laptop was working fine while it was not working in my laptop..

Kewlx25

Distinguished
do something like "ping -t www.youtube.com". Once you get a feel for your ping there, then fire up Torrent and see if your ping starts to get periodic large number or even time-outs.

If your ping noticeably changes, then your connection is saturated.

shabeermullan

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
i think i tried ping once wen it happened.. but ping didnt work too.... I am not sure of it.. cant remember properly..

I will try ping next time it happens and will get back to you... thanks