Can't span to 2 monitors and laptop

ThatITGirl

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I have a question about viruses and Dell Latitude laptops. About two weeks ago a client called me saying there's a virus on his PC so being like any good tech support person, I jumped on his PC and took the virus off. Or so I hoped.

The client has now told me that before he got the virus on his laptop, he was able to use his dual monitors and his laptop all at the same time. So I checked the settings and saw that, for some weird reason, the screen settings were recognizing 4 monitors. I got rid of one monitor and when I tried to span to the laptop so he could use all three screens it would get rid of one screen so only two would be showing. I've updated the graphics card and have done all of the basic troubleshooting but I can't figure out why this isn't working. I don't think this has anything to do with his dock either. I'm at the point where I think the virus messed up the settings and I don't know what to do. I even had two co-workers take a look at it and we're all stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas to get this to work?

ThatITGirl

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

I doubt it, when I first met the client he told me he's "computer stupid" so don't think he'd have anything like that.

ThatITGirl

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

As far as I know, he got the laptop and dock together in a package. He swears this was able to work 3 weeks ago but I'm begging to doubt him.