Accelero Xtreme 7970: Compatibility

God_Of_War145

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Long story short, I was looking into getting a AMD Radeon 7950 and was wondering if the Accelero Xtreme 7970 would fit on the card. I was researching the AMD Radeon 7950 and was hearing that the fans are pretty loud so i decided to get a cooler for it. I was looking around and stumbled upon this cooler. I heard it is really quiet and thats what caught my eye. If it can fit on the card, which manufacturer would you recommend based on the overall performance and the like.

God_Of_War145

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

There's no other aftermarket cooler? If i were to buy a 7970 card what manufacturer's card would fit best on that aftermarket cooler?? I would prefer a after market cooler rather than a stock cooler.

God_Of_War145

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

There's no other aftermarket cooler? If i were to buy a 7970 card what manufacturer's card would fit best on that aftermarket cooler?? I would prefer a after market cooler rather than a stock cooler.

swilczak

Distinguished
It will work on a 7950 like the one I have listed according to some of the reviews on newegg. There were 2 people that said they used it to replace their sapphire 7950 stock cooler, they didn't give a specific model but it should work with all of them and probably any 7970.

God_Of_War145

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Okay :) Thanks, i was looking around and i found the Sapphire Radeon HD7970 and i looked it up and it said it should fit! 2nd, Is this one of the quieter GPU aftermarket coolers or is there one more efficient/quieter? I was trying to get my PC to sound better than a blaring jet engine LOL.

swilczak

Distinguished
In my experience with arctic coolers, they are very quiet. I don't really know of anything quieter. If your PC sounds like a jet engine it could also be your cpu cooler.

God_Of_War145

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Do you know of anyway to reduce the sound of your PC? I know its my CPU cooler because I recently installed SpeedFan and i tested turning down some fans in my pc and with my GPU fan down to 50% it sounds like a dream but the CPU still makes quite a bit of noise. Do you have any recommended products from artic cooling for CPU and GPU cooling?

swilczak

Distinguished
There are many CPU coolers made by arctic that would probably be better than what you have. Zalman makes some really good coolers too, but for a higher price. Just make sure you get one that's for either AMD or Intel, whichever cpu you have. The two that I have listed below are for both and you should be able to find the same models on amazon maybe for cheaper sometimes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

TRENDING THREADS