Does Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 support FX-6300 without BIOS update?

thethumus

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Does Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 support FX-6300 without BIOS update? And is that MOBO reliable and good. I have fairly low budget so I'm going with AMD. Also I'm not from US so you don't have to suggest any sites :)

Here is the build I'm planning to get:

FX-6300

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Sapphire 7850 1GB

Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB RAM

Corsair CX500w PSU

Zalman Z5 with 3 fans

Is this build good for gaming and "futureproof"

Jaxem

Honorable
I found this in the reviews section of Newegg.com:

Other Thoughts: I bought this, An AMD FX 6300 Vishera, and 8GB of ram as part of upgrading my 4 year old system and It all worked seamlessly!
At first, I had reservations about buying this particular Mobo because of all the negative ratings about how it wouldn't work with specific CPU's and all that jazz.
I did my research and found out that was only with the older revisions and as long as I got revision 3 of this board, my CPU I ordered would work out of the box.... and guess what? It did!

This is a good build, but towards the top of mid end or the bottom of high end, by no means future proof, there are current games this won't play on Ultra....if you mean from a general usage perspective, that PC will last you a long time without feeling slow or having problems...besides needing more ram if you will ever do video editing or anything like that.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4122#

Go to the page and go to -Support and Downloads - Download Type -(in the drag down tab) Bios. The 6300 is official supported in the F6 Bios. It might work on some older ones. We can't say for sure because we don't know if you will be getting old stock (with the old bios) or an newer one (with the bios upgraded). If you get revision 3 of the board then it supports it out of the box.

thethumus

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
http://www.systemastore.fi/product_info.php?products_id=66019

That is the link to the store and the product, and yeah it's in finnish but if you need to you can Google translate it.
Also is just saw that there is also AMD Phenom II X6 1090T at 10 euros less then the FX-6300, so is it a better deal or not and would FX-4300 give me the same performance than those other two? I sound like a complete noob but I'm really in a need of help. AND a last wish, can you tell what fps I can get in BF3 with that GPU and one of those CPU's :D