Monitor resolution and hz question

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
i set the highest resolution on my tablet pc and it wont support 75hz(it auto sets to 60hz),
then i set lower resolution and it supports 75hz but the screen is too big and it goes beyond the corners and the colours are strange, not like on max resolution.
so how should i get normal resolution with 75hz?

RealBeast

Titan
Check your particular tablet specifications, it sounds like you cannot run the highest resolution at 75Hz. It's likely that your display doesn't resize for resolutions that are not native to the scale of the display so they will not fit correctly. Windows has a setting that allows it to hide display modes that monitors cannot display, apparently your OS does not have that feature enabled.

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

Where can i found and enable this feature?

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

so how can i find my pc model? I cant check that box to ignore modes

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

is there be a custom resolution that fits the screen and supports 75hz?

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

very strange, it some it supports 75hz but the screen is beyond the corners and other good resolutions only support 60hz :/

RealBeast

Titan
Higher resolutions usually only display at 60Hz on desktop LCDs too. Only by decreasing the resolution can most GPUs increase the refresh rate due to the limit on how much information they can process fast enough to support the higher refresh rate.

GVlDAS

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

thats bad news for me :(