Bios won't load with new RAM

Trizenskiez

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Hi all.

I recently bought a 4GB 1333Mhz stick of RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I installed and everything was fine. I was running 6GBs of RAM (I already had a 2GB stick)
After about an hour of enjoying the upgrade, bam. A BSOD. I thought I would just reboot my PC but when I tried there was no display and the red light that I think indicates accessing the hard drive wasn't blinking. Basically, The computer won't even load to the BIOS. PC will only boot with the old RAM. Any ideas?

My specs

Mobo: G41M-VS3
CPU: E5800 Dual-Core 3.20Ghz
GPU ENGT240

h3sham

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
try taking out the battery and all the rams out and disconnect the power cable from ur computer for a few secs 10 at least , and then put them back in and see what happens

k@rt

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
Are they running at the same frequency and the same DDR? From what I have read the results of using different frequency RAMs can vary from motherboard to motherboard, some have no problems but some can get BSODs.

From you post it sounds like you can't boot with just the new RAM in place and your old RAM removed, is that right? Try testing in another PC, maybe there is a manufacturing defect.

A few years ago when a friend helped me build my first PC, we tried to put in generic "non-brand" RAM and the MoBo simply refused to boot, as soon as I put in some brand-name RAM (kingston i think it was) everything was perfectly fine. In that case the MoBo was an MSI i think (K9N ultra)