New Build Need Cooling Help

SNA3

Honorable

at that budget , get Intel not AMD , and that screen is not ips , pick only IPS , that sound card is not good , and not shielded , pick Creative Soundblaster Z , or the Asus Xonar phobios solo.

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

SNA3

Honorable

Then Get i7 it outperforms AMD ...

I picked a better GPU for you more silent , and the best SSD available today as well.

tell me your budget for this.

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Max about 2000. I was hoping to keep it somewhere in the 1500-1750 range though.

SNA3

Honorable

you will love this build then , no need for huge case ..

take a look at this wonderfull case

http://www.corsair.com/en/pc-cases/obsidian-series-pc-case/obsidian-series-350d-windowed-micro-atx-pc-case.html

and here is the PC with i7

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sna/saved/28U7

if you want top monitor , tell me I will make it the best with best monitor for 2000$

SNA3

Honorable
Edit : here is the best Monitor for you with 5 years warranty , IPS at 3.4 ms , and zero Input LAG , full colors and japanese made .

very popular

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/foris/fs2333/

and here is where to find it

http://www.provantage.com/eizo-fs2333-bk~7EIZL09Q.htm

and here is your final system

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sna/saved/28Ud

best SSD , best Monitor , good cooler , best mobo with sound on it like a dedicated card.

and the best GTX 770 around

I hope you like it

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
in regards to the OP and the last few list recommendations... for the price of that H100, you will find far better performance (ESPECIALLY if wanting OC) with a top end air cooler for the same price range. Research it. Noctua DH-14 (DH-u14s if Haswell), Thermalright Silver arrow, and Phantek pe-tc14 outperform and are quieter than H100. Oh, and same price... food for thought (I'm a water nut - which my personal build defintely confirms lol, but if between AIO and air cooling for a serious OC system and gaming, I'd go top end air cooling every single time)

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Also what is the reason for i7 4770k? Wouldn't it be more worth it to just stick with an i5 4670k? But then the question lies I plan on overclocking and the 8350 is shown to overclock better than the 4670k does.

Thanks for help on the cooling end!

SNA3

Honorable

they dont outperform the H100i , and he can change the fans dor more quiet ones from Noctua .. I gave him the best .. sure Noctua is also a good cooler ... but it covers the RAM and huge and not shipping friendly at all , like all huge air cooler ..

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Would love (not being snarky here) to see data that supports that, as EVERYTHING i have seen says otherwise. As far as the ram, that is an intentional design, to provide aircooling to ram and vrm - yes you have to use low pro ram. But the other i listed do perform same function without need for low pro. So... ya... numbers are reality. Like I said, I am curious to see data that supports that claim. The only AIOs capable of even coming close to comparing to performance of listed top end air are H110 and NZXT x60. Besides, why would you spend a $100 on cooler, and then another $40 on fans to boot for same performance of $100-110 purchase of the air cooler? I am certainly not slighting what I am guessing is the cooler you purchased SNA3, but numbers are reality. H100, even 110 do have their limitations, and would be irresponsible to ignore that in a recommendation. I base mine on test data, not fan opinion. and then we have the noise issue. H100 on max performance ( to be able to compare to those coolers) is 20-26db louder than above listed coolers.

Shipping friendly? huh? I am guessing you are referring to mobo damage due to the weight during shipping? I don't know one reputable retailer that ships installed anymore - haven't in years. So moot point

SNA3

Honorable

dont get me wrong , I like the Noctua , but its annoying if you want to upgrade RAM or ship the PC for travel (must take it apart so it doesnt break)

If he chooses the Noctua , I recommend he put extra enough RAM .

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Also a note to the build. I do have a high budget but, I would rather not pay for parts that don't seem to be worth the extra money when I can get nearly the same performance out of a cheaper part. For example a 4770k vs a 4670k. No point in getting the 4770k since it is barely faster than the 4670k. Also does anyone think I should stick with my original 8350? I've heard it overclocks to faster than both the 4670k and the 4770k

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Haswell a)runs hotter than anything out there b) has higher stock clock but terrible for OC

If clock speeds is what you are after with as little bottle neck as possible, a good z77 board and i53570k or i73770k (if using programs that utilize hyperthreading) is STILL your best bet. Performance of an OC i5/i7 Ivy will compare or beat Haswell at lower temps, and outperform AMD 83xx in a heartbeat. again - is the facts from data. I used to be a huge AMD fan when they were top for gamers. But sadly, they have fallen behind for a few generations now. If budget is not the issue, please consider i5/i7 Ivy and a z77 for OC glory

Should be noted that your pick for GPU will pair much better with an intel chipset than amd anyway

SNA3

Honorable

I am sorry , you are wrong , with good cooler you can OC the Haswell till 4.8G ... and the Z87 chipset is worth it .. it is alot better than the Z87

with 6 native Sata 3 with raid 0/1/5 Trim support !!! you cant do Raid 5 in Z77 Sata3 ...

Plus the extra native USb3 , and the better onboard sound the new mobos have.

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
With a good cooler you can OC i5 and i7 to 5.0. and by good cooler... well we are talking the top end air under the right environmental variables or full custom water.... so um.... ya... data to support?

As I said, Ivy can OC to compare or beat Haswell and do it with lower temps - read what I wrote. Never said outperform did I? said it can do the same and do it with lower temps. Again test results prove this.

And yes, IF you are seeking RAID 5 - then Haswell Z68 chipset is better - hey OP is this a concern for you? Ya didn't think so - moving along...

Z77 has native USB 3.0 so moot - extra native? what are you referring to? I have built a number of systems with 2,3,4 mobo header 3.0 and more on rear I/o on z77 so unclear what you mean

SNA3

Honorable

it is up to him I guess to decide :) have a nice day

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Aye :) hence researching test results is key - not just opinion based on what people have bought. Let's face it, there are many ways to achieve "x" results. But there are user variables or wants/needs/limitations that come into consideration - therefore, for user, some options present more advantages or disadvantages than others. Example is the RAID issue -if not need, why bother with fluff on a mobo you will never use? lol we have all been there - e-peen of pretties is nice, but sometimes (ok, often lol) pointless

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

I'm purely researching right now. That's literally what I am doing. I've been researching for a good month so far. What I'm trying to build is the best performance to price machine that can run 95% of high end games at max settings. I have a good idea of what I'm looking at currently but I do like opinions of people who obviously know more about the information than I do.

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
nest research results will come from actual test reviews of the parts you have in question. Hardwaresecrets, overclock.net (OCN), anandtech, jonnyguru, etc all run actual testing comparison reviews. These will provide real world data results so it's not just opinion and you can make educated choices.

stonerTHPS

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Well I've been using benchmarking and such from these websites that you listed. So yes I know and thankyou for that input.