A undetectable virus won't let me access Microsoft security

TheHypnoBrit

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I'm not sure how I got his virus, but I do go on some weird browser game sites at times trying to find certain games, and they're most likely full of viruses, but now It seems I've downloaded some so called program to let me run a game on this website, but it's just done nothing and now I can't access any MSE and it appears my AVG can't pick it up, any help? It's stopping updates too. It's also stopping Windows Defender altogether, and my AVG trial has run out anyway now.

Turn off the computer, and boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" (you can do so by mashing the F8 button before the Windows logo appears, and then going into Advanced Boot Options). This prevents any programs except drivers starting without you telling them too but still let you connect to the internet.
From there download a free anti-virus (I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) and run that. If there's a virus, it will find it and get rid of it.

TheHypnoBrit

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

I tried doing exactly that with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware you said but, despite it just cleaning up some windows things, that's the only thing it did, I can't turn on protection for the Anti-Malware so I think it's affected by this virus too, but for Microsoft Security Essentials it says 'windows can't access the specified file, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item' Whilst for all the others it just says 'Windows can't open this file'.

TheHypnoBrit

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

It appeared this this virus has changed my system32config to disallow MSE, but after downloading HitmanPro, I admit I didn't really trust it too much at first, but then it actually managed to find the problem and change it unlike Malwaremalbytes and AVG, so if anyone sees this thread go on that ;p thanks alot Hawkeye and Man of Chalk :)