New build won't even let me access BIOS

Main Specs:
Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz (No inbuilt graphics)
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 (rev 1.0)
Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600Mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Corsair CX 600W ATX 12V

Also: Samsung 840 SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, Windows 7 64bit, LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer

I have just built a new PC from all new parts mentioned above but when I go to turn it on, the display is completely non-responsive at the pre-bios screen, which says press Del for bios setup, F9 system information, F12 Boot menu, END Q-flash. After a while the screen will go black.

It is not a problem with the keyboard as I have tried both usb and Ps2 keyboards in all available slots. I have also rechecked and made sure everything is plugged in correctly. As I can't even access BIOS and it won't boot from the windows 7 disc, is it a problem with the motherboard?
3 answers Last reply
More about build access bios
  1. Hi, Try clearing the CMOS firstly (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes) then leave only one RAM stick, GPU, DVD-drive, keyboard and mouse and start the board.
  2. alexoiu said:
    Hi, Try clearing the CMOS firstly (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes) then leave only one RAM stick, GPU, DVD-drive, keyboard and mouse and start the board.

Hi, thanks, for replying. However I tried what you said and the problem's still there. Is it possibly do to with the motherboard revision?
  3. The CPU is supported, so no.
    Try taking the board outside the case and test again.
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS Nvidia Gigabyte Motherboards Intel i5