Windows 8 100% disk usage

Andrea Loprieno

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
For this issue my advice is to disable paging file (virtual memory) in the Windows partition activating it in another one not used by o.s.

Hope this will be useful for this annoying issue

Andrea Loprieno

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

I don't understand the question. As in the post this is a solution to 100 % disk usage e freezing and slowering of Win 8

It doesn't affect startup in no way

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012

First you tell me your whole system configuration...

supp

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hi ,
Now I am going to give the solution for this very common and yet frustrating problem.
but first i want to tell you why this happens. This problem happens only in windows 8 and 8.1. to make it faster, it uses a service called as superfetch, what it does is every now and then it optimizes you hard disk and keeps a detailed record of all the files you have in your harddisk(study about paging, frames, defragmentation, fragmentation if you want in depth details), thats why when you search anything your results are quicker when compared to other windows.This optimization results in 100% disk usage.

To solve this you need to perform following tasks.
1. increase your virtual memory(or page memory) to atleast 4gb , just google it.
2. disable automatic defragmentation
3. press windows+s search for "services", or control panel->view local services
3.1. look for "superfetch", right click properties, startup type make it disable, then go for recovery tab and make all "take no action"
3.2. Do the above same step for "windows search" instead of "superfetch"

By doing so this problem should end(atleast I think it will).

And also just so you know I am an INDIAN.