Girl Gamer. Monitor or Sony HDTV?

Christie Clark

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
If I want windows at just 1080p and crystal clear, what is better to get a cheap monitor or use my 24inch Sony 1080p, 16:9 aspect ration, 60Hz tv?

I mean a monitor also has an HDMI connection, so what is the difference? Both will display at 1080p and both will be as clear as they can be, right?

I just noticed that on my HDTV, the Chrome browser is not as sharp as my Windows 8 start screen, and I cant play 1080p youtube videos on full screen because they get pixelated. Why does this happen? Drivers? Flash? Internet connection? Please help...

Solution
A TV is not design for gaming. The input lag and the GTG is considered to high for games such as FPS and those that require smooth movement like an RPG. A TV typically have a 8++ GTG or higher which is pretty high for standard gaming and the input lag is horrendous for some TV.

To solve your proble, you can try to adjust the settings such as lowering the Sharpness of the TV or calibrate the Contrast and Color until it suits your needs.

vinhn

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
A TV is not design for gaming. The input lag and the GTG is considered to high for games such as FPS and those that require smooth movement like an RPG. A TV typically have a 8++ GTG or higher which is pretty high for standard gaming and the input lag is horrendous for some TV.

To solve your proble, you can try to adjust the settings such as lowering the Sharpness of the TV or calibrate the Contrast and Color until it suits your needs.

Solution
^+1

Also since TV's are optimized for displaying video rather than text and static images, its possible that it uses a diagonal pixel arrangement rather than the grid arrangement that a computer monitor would use.
This leads to better image quality when your watching film as there will very rarely be a perfectly straight vertical/horizontal line to cause problems with the pixel arrangement. However a computer will have tons in the form of text and the like, and a diagonal arrangement leads to lots of jagged edges, which can make it appear "fuzzy".